Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Family Traditions

We made Caramel apples and they were delish.

Every Monday night we have what is lovingly referred to as "FHE" which is a acronym that I think we picked up at BYU...it means, Family Home Evening.  Anyhoo, it consists of a prayer, a lesson, some "announcements" and of course their is a game or activity, then a treat.  We used to do it because we are "supposed to." But we just love it now, seriously...look forward to this little peace of heaven with our kiddos.  Lately we are letting them chose the activity and even teach the lessons at times.  We keep it short and sweet.


The reason I wanted to blog about this was actually the activity.  I didn't want to forget this funny little tradition that Jake started.  Lately he "wrestles" with the kids and for FHE this week he made up a list of all their made up wrestling moves and they got to "order" 5 different moves from Dad.  It was so fun to watch them wrestle...I begged for a turn myself and ended up choosing the "Merry go round."  It was AWESOME....and I highly recommend it.  haha I don't know if you can read this so I will type it out too.  Wrestling Moves:  Caprino Bomb, One-hander, Kickflip, Backwards Kick Flip, Regular Slam, Tornado Spinner, Backwards Tornato Spinner, Front Flip and last but surely not least...The Merry-go-round.

No comments: