Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Las Palomas, Mexico: Labor Day Weekend


So we just got back from a WONDERFUL 3 day trip to Rocky Point Mexico!  A while back Jacob helped his dad DJ a wedding and they were paid/traded for this trip.  So we headed out on Friday and came back yesterday.  We went with Norm and Sue (aka Grammy-pa) Weston's new name for them.  The drive there was quite nice.  Only took about 5 hours or so.  Then we were off swimming...and we didn't stop until Monday. 

Here is the beautiful beach .  It was soooo warm, that we spent most of our days in the cooler pool.
But when we were at the beach...we loved to find shells. 
 


The times we weren't swimming...we were either eating (delicious meals cooked mostly by Grandma) or playing "hide an go seek" or watching cable. 

Here is Spencer hiding...as well as Jake.  Can you find them? 

 

The hotel.
 


The Lazy River was our favorite.  Day and Night.
 


Spencer learned to put his face in the water and break in his new goggles. 
 

Early morning the tide was far out and you could find more shells.
 
 
 


We stayed at the resort most of the time...but one day we went into the town and bought a few trinkets and enjoyed a different view. 
 
 

I actually got WAY too hot and seriously blacked out in one of the merchants stores.  I luckily was close to Jake and he got me sat down so I didn't make too much of a scene. Needless to say...not the best part of the trip for me.  Aubrey loves her hat that Grandma bought her though...so it was worth it.

The condo we stayed at was really wonderful and I hope we get to go again in the next few years or so.  I loved the warm water and clear skies.  I loved the mango on a stick and the break from everyday life.  Thanks so much for taking us Grammy-pa!

We think it would be fun to go sometime with couples and NO kids...so here is a pic of the condo to entice my dear friends to Mexico!


2 comments:

Shelly and Ron Huber said...

Super fun! I'm glad you got a fun vaca in before baby time! :) You deserved that (except the part where you blacked out). Although, I did miss you this weekend!

Sarah Jones said...

Steve and I want to go next year no kids first then take the kids the next time. Come with us! I know you will have a little one, but we are good with that! I miss babies