Friday, March 27, 2009

Funny Girl.

So Aubrey has been planning a sleep over with a friend for about a week. Needless to say, she was super excited that today was finally the day. So I told her she had to have her room clean, or the sleep over was off. She reluctantly went up to her room to start. I started vacuuming down stairs and doing my own "Friday cleaning." I was surprised she wasn't whining or complaining about doing it herself. Then she gave me this note.

I thought it was funny, but responded quite stern. I told her to go clean her room or I would call Corinne's mom and I wasn't kidding around. Surprisingly...here is her room just about 20 minutes later. I am so proud of her and she was even prouder of herself. That girl even cleaned her closet. She is such a little organizer. I am always surprised how much our kids can do by themselves...I am glad I didn't give in.

2 comments:

Lu said...

I love the note! So cute. I love that 2 of my kids are old enough to clean their own rooms now! 2 less rooms I'm responsible for!

The Badger family said...

Aubreys room is so cute. I love it. It is so grown up.
I need to bring you your dish from dinner. Thank again. It was yummy.
Tracy